For my first experiment I burned the negative. I didn't expect it to turn out the way it did. For some reason I thought that it would burn like paper only slower. Instead it just warped the plastic. A nice effect I thought.
Here I soaked this negative in kerosene. Because of the high level of chemicals I thought it would produce some sort of effect on the negative, whether it be discolouration or fading the image completely. As you can see above I was wrong. Other than making it smell really bad the kerosene had no effect on my image.
Above I had the same issue as the kerosene. Here I soaked the negative in lemon juice, due to it's high acidity I thought it may have some sort of effect on the image. As you can see it did not effect it even when I put it through Photoshop to correct the colouration.
This image produce a subtle but interesting effect. I poured maple syrup onto this image, after a couple hours I then wrapped it up in glad wrap. Because of the creases formed from the glad wrap, there were patterns produced. Although they are hardly visible.
Majority of my images are of trees, flowers or shrubs. Because of this I wanted to experiment with putting petals and leaves underneath the negative and see what kind of effect was produced. As you can see once put through Photoshop to correct the colours from negative the petal behind the negative went into negative colouration. I thought of this idea because my images are in black and white, so I thought that putting colourful petals and leaves behind the image would bring colour into the image. But it has produced a whole new, interesting effect.





No comments:
Post a Comment